Thrifty Market Bag
This bag from Lily Sugar n' Cream is small enough to keep tucked away when you're not using it, but large enough to expand and fit all your groceries. This free knitting pattern is easy to make and totally practical for everyday use.
- Lily® Sugar’n Cream® (Ombres 340 g/12 oz) 1 ball
- Knitting Needles: sizes 4 mm (U.S. 6) and 10 mm (U.S. 15) or size needed to obtain gauge.
Approx 15 ins [38 cm] long, excluding handles.
21 sts and 27 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] with smaller needles in stocking st.
Body: With smaller needles, cast on 24 sts.
- Knit 5 rows, noting 1st row is WS.
- 6th row: (RS). *(K1. P1. K1) in next st. Rep from * to end of row. 72 sts.
- Change to larger needles and proceed as follows:
- 1st row: (WS). Sl1. Purl to end of row.
- 2nd row: Sl1. *K2tog. Do not slip sts off needle. K2togtbl into the same sts. Slip 2 sts off needle – Cluster 2tog made. Rep from * to last st. K1.
- 3rd row: Sl1. Purl to end of row.
- 4th row: Sl1. K1. * Cluster 2tog. Rep from * to last 2 sts. K2.
- 5th row: As 3rd row.
- Rep 2nd to 5th rows until work from beg measures 18 ins [45.5 cm], ending with a WS row.
- Change to smaller needles and proceed as follows:
- Next row: (RS). (K3tog) 24 times. 24 sts.
- Knit 5 rows. Cast off.
Handles: With RS of work facing and smaller needles, pick up and knit 30 sts along side of bag. Cast on 80 sts. 110 sts in total.
- Knit 6 rows. Cast off knitwise (WS).
- Rep for other side. Sew sides of each handle.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Knit Bags"
There are no records