Sunflower Stained Glass Bottle
By painting a creative design on a special bottle, you'll have a thrifty gift for the holidays or any time of year. The Sunflower Stained Glass Bottle from Jacquard Products is a great project for a homemade gift in a jar.
- Glass bottle
- Jacquard Piñata Color Exciter Pack (includes seven colors, extender and clean up solution)
- Jacquard Pearl Ex Powder (#656 Brilliant Gold)
- Bristle Brushes
- Starting with a clean, dry and oil-free surface, I applied the Piñata Colors with inexpensive natural bristle brushes. Beginning with the leaves and stems, I painted with Lime.
- Green #021. Long strokes in the leaves created a textured look. Additional layers of green added more pigment and texture. (Note: Dry Piñata Colors will re-solubilize when brushed with wet ink or the Clear Extender. Excess ink can be wiped off immediately or dried ink may be removed using the Piñata Clean Up Solution. You can repaint as needed.)
- For the petals of the sunflower I used Piñata Sunbright Yellow #002.
- For the center of the sunflower, I used a stippling-like technique. I dipped the brush into Piñata Burro Brown #025, then directly into Pearl Ex Powder Brilliant Gold #656 and dabbed the mixture of the two onto the bottle. To create the “shading” look for the center of the sunflower, I first dabbed the Burro Brown alone and then Piñata Clear Extender with the Brilliant Gold #656 as described above. Mixing the powder with the ink created a nice texture and adhered well to the glass.
- Add flowers.