Personalized Plaid Platter
Decorate your home with your very own personalized serving platter from I Love to Create. You can put your initials on the platter, your whole family's name or even your dog's name! Try making this really unique platter as a special gift for a wedding.
- Satin Glazes®
- SN 351 Clear
- SN 366 Black
- SN 370 Ice Blue
- Dinnerware Bisque Designs
- Coupe Oval Platter
- Signature Brushes
- SB 803 No. 4 Liner
- SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- Paper towels
- Foil or foam plate for palette
- Container for water
- Tracing paper
- Potter’s sponge
- Painter’s blue tape – 1”
- Wipe platter with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Lay strips of painter’s tape across plate leaving 1” space between strips. Make sure the edges are sealed.
- Using Fan Glaze brush, paint one thorough, even coat of Ice Blue across each open strip. Let dry well.
- Remove tape. Place new tape strips perpendicular from the first stripes, again, leaving 1” space between tape strips. Seal edges well.
- Brush one thorough, even coat of Ice Blue in the spaces. Let dry.
- Remove tape strips to reveal gingham checks.
- Create personal monogram by selecting favorite fonts from the computer, lettering book or creating your own. Enlarge to desired size and trace on to tracing paper. Flip over tracing paper, position where desired on platter and trace outline of letter to transfer monogram. Refer to photo.
- Using the No. 4 Liner, paint two coats Black in monogram.
- Let dry between coats.
- Sponge on two coats of Clear over monogram, careful not to smear the Black. Let dry between coats.
- Stilt plate and fire to Cone 06.