Kitchen Storage Cabinet Makeover
If your kitchen could use extra storage, take a cue from this Kitchen Storage Cabinet Makeover. You don't need to break the bank to create a stylish and functional kitchen space. Use Krylon spray paint to match your home and paint simple kitchen utensils for an added cute factor.
- 2 Cans of Krylon® ColorMaster™ Enamel Paint - Gloss Blue Ocean Breeze
- 2 Cans of Krylon® Dual® Superbond® Paint + Primer - Flat White
- 1 Can of Krylon® ColorMaster™ Paint + Primer Metallic - Gold
- 1 Can of Krylon® Fusion for Plastic® - Gloss Black
- 1 Roll of Scotch Painter's tape
- 400 Grit 3M Sandpaper
- Wax paper for stenciling , Newspaper/Drop Cloth for preventing the area from paint
- Xacto Knife for cutting stencils
- 3M Mask and gloves for safety
- Plastic plates ,Color prints of fruits , Mod podge & Velcro for decor plates (optional)
- Wipe the cabinet with damp cloth to remove any dust, rust or dirt and allow it to dry. Wet Sand the whole cabinet with 400 grit sandpaper. Tape off the handle and top wood part with painters tape to prevent overspray.
- Prime the whole cupboard with krylon dual superbond and allow it dry. Then paint Krylon Color master Blue ocean breeze above it.Allow to it dry.
- Use painter's tape to make the stripes and utensils design. To make the utensils design, print the image of the utensils to be stenciled and trace the image with a marker on the wax paper. Cover the wax paper with strips of painter's tape overlapping each other.Use Xacto knife and cut the image to use as a stencil.
- Tape off the areas where you don't want gold paint to be sprayed and then spray the krylon color master metallic gold.Once it is dry , Tape off the rest of areas leaving the Utensils area. Spray paint Krylon Fusion black for Utensils. Allow it to dry.
- Voila!! It is done!! Remove all the tape and admire your beautiful work. To add decor to the cabinet area, Spray paint some plastic plates with Krylon Dual Superbond White and add some printed cut outs of fruits using mod podge and seal the cut outs with Mod podge . Hang the plates on the wall above the cupboard using Velcro.
You can find this project, as well as many more, in our new eBook, Make it Yours®: How to Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More from Krylon®! Download your own free copy today!
Read NextHandprint Dishtowels