Cocktail Serving Tray
A fun tray painted with olives is perfect for serving cocktails and appetizers at parties. This painting project makes it easy!
DecoArt Americana Acrylics
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA254 - Avocado Dip
- DA258 - Butter
- DA264 - Mustard Seed
- DA265 - Tuscan Red
Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
- TG01-3 - Triple Thick Gloss Glaze, 2-oz. Brush-On
- 1/4" flat brush
- 1" flat brush
- 3/8" round foam pouncer brush
- 3/4" round foam pouncer brush
- 3 oz. disposable plastic bathroom cup (or any other with rim of 2 to 2-1/4")
- Foam plate
- Unfinished wood tray
- Paint tray's inside base of tray Butter.
- Paint tray's outer sides Mustard Seed.
- Paint tray's inner sides Tuscan Red.
- Paint all rims and handle openings Lamp Black.
- Dip rim of plastic cup into Tuscan Red on plate and use to paint circles on outer sides of tray.
- Use 3/4" pouncer brush dipped into Avocado Dip to paint olive print on tray's inner base. (To make oblong olive shapes, press pouncer onto surface and slide slightly, rounding out sides of olive shape.)
- Use small pouncer dipped in Tuscan Red to make filling of olives near one end on each.
- Use rim of Americana bottle lid dipped in Avocado Dip to make circles around olives on inside base; use end of paintbrush dipped in Mustard Seed to make dots.
- Apply Triple Thick Glaze to tray and allow to dry.
- Allow Americana Acrylics to dry after each application.