Cinco de Mayo Plate
Bright colors play around a central chili pepper in this festive Cinco de Mayo plate. Celebrate the Mexican holiday in style!
DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG67 - Black
- DAG227 - Bright Yellow
- DAG230 - Festive Green
- DAG234 - Calypso Blue
- DAG265 - Tuscan Red
- Foam plate
- Masking tape
- 4 round brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- 10 shader brush
- Glass plate, Anchor Hocking 86037
Preparation: Remove any labels or tags from surface.
- Place pepper pattern behind center of glass plate; use small pieces of tape to secure along edges.
- Use round brush and Festive Green to paint stem and leaves on pepper; let dry.
- Use round brush and Tuscan Red to paint pepper; let dry. Remove pattern.
- Refer to photo for placement of letters. Use round brush and following colors to paint letters: Black; Calypso Blue; Bright Yellow; Tuscan Red; and Festive Green.
- Refer to photo for designs. Use round brush and same colors as in step 4 to embellish letters. Use end of brush handle dipped in paint to make dots. Use round brush to paint spirals between words.
- Refer to photo for placement and use following colors to paint stripes on plate rim, using shader and round brush to make various width stripes: Black; Calypso Blue; Tuscan Red; and Festive Green.
- Use round brush and Festive Green to paint spirals between some stripes.
- Use end of paintbrush handle dipped in paint to paint rows of dots between some stripes. Let dry.
- Use flat brush and Bright Yellow to paint over painted designs on rim; let dry.
More than one coat may be needed for good coverage.
Allow to dry between coats.
Read NextRetro Pitcher and Glasses