Boot iful Baby Mobile
This whimsical mobile from Krylon is easily crafted from inexpensive materials for a fun unique baby gift.
By Lonnie Kester for Krylon.
- Krylon Premium Metallic - Original Chrome (#1010)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - White Primer (#2614)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Arctic White (#2606)
- Krylon H2O™ Latex - Blue Danube (#2619)
- Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear - Clear (#51301)
- Wood Coat Hangers – 2
- 2 yds – 1/8" White Satin Ribbon
- 4 Baby Shoes
- 4 Eye Hooks
- Drill & drill bits
- Tack cloth
- Screws of various lengths
1. Place hangers and baby shoes on newspaper to protect your work area.
2. Spray baby shoes with several coats of White Primer. Let dry completely.
3. Unscrew wire hook from top of one wooden hanger. Choose drill bit same size as current hole and drill the rest of the way through the bottom of wooden hanger. Drill into bottom of the other wooden hanger. Wipe dust from both hangers with tack cloth.
4. Position hangers as shown in photo. Hanger with wire hook should be on top, and hanger without hook should be positioned perpendicular underneath the first hanger. Use screwdriver to attach the two hangers together with a screw that is long enough to go completely through the bottom hanger and attach into the top hanger.
5. Attach each of the four eye hooks to the bottom ends of each hanger (refer to photo for placement).
6. Spray assembled mobile with several coats of Original Chrome. Let dry completely.
7. Spray baby shoes with several coats of Blue Danube. Let dry completely.
8. Cut ribbon into 4 equal lengths. Lace through baby shoes and tie ends into a bow. Loop onto eye hooks as shown in photo.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.