Vintage Button Bracelet
Who doesn't love vintage button crafts? Make a Vintage Button Bracelet from Candace Jedrowicz from your grandma's collection of old odds and ends. This is trendy and cute.
- Bead embroidery thread
- Beading needle
- A selection of accent beads
- Elastic ribbon
- I started with several large and small buttons and paired them up.
- I began sewing the buttons onto the end of the ribbon, so that I could hide the seam. I spaced the buttons so that the edges touched.
- I sewed the buttons on just like I would if I were sewing them on a shirt, making several passes with the thread.
- Half of the top buttons are two-holed. This is where I used the accent beads - on top of those buttons so the thread would be hidden.
- I alternated the beaded buttons with with the others.
- I measured the ribbon on my wrist and cut off the excess leaving a tab to overlap for secure sewing.
- When I sewed the ends of the ribbon together and put the bracelet on and realized that the curve of the ribbon opened spaces between the buttons, so I chose some smaller buttons to fill in.
For a video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Vintage Button Bracelet Video.
Read NextVintage Lace Brooches