Luxurious Weathered Wooden Bangles
Learn how to make DIY bracelets with this stylish tutorial. These Luxurious Weathered Wooden Bangles are fun to paint and will have you feeling like a queen. Nothing says fashion quite like an armful of bangles, and once you learn how to make bracelets that truly stand out, you won't want to stop. This tutorial will also show you how to make wood look weathered and antique. Turn on some soothing music, pour yourself your favorite cup of tea, and grab the paintbrushes.
Americana® Decor™ Chalky Finish Paint
- Heritage (ADC09)
- Inheritance (ADC12)
- New Life (ADC14)
- Remembrance (ADC23)
- Romance (ADC06)
- Treasure (ADC19)
Americana® Decor™ Varnishes
- Ultra-Matte Varnish (ADM04)
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- 3/4" flat brush
- Five wooden bangles
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush to basecoat the bangles: 2 bangles, Inheritance; 2, Treasure; and 1, Romance. Rinse brush in between steps and at end. Let dry completely.
- Use paraffin wax to randomly scratch over areas of each bangle; just do not coat the entire bracelet.
- Use 3/4" flat brush to put on next color: 1 of Inheritance bangle, brush New Life on top; the other Inheritance, paint Romance on top; on both Treasure bangles, paint Inheritance on top; and on Romance bangle, paint Treasure on top. Rinse brush in between steps and at end. Let dry completely.
- Use sandpaper to lightly sand back to see the layers. (If you sand harder, you can see original wood or paint.)
- On Inheritance/Romance bangle and the Treasure/Inheritance bangle, add more paraffin.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush with Remembrance to paint over the Inheritance/Romance bangle. Rinse brush.
- Use same brush to paint Heritage over the Treasure/ Inheritance bangle. Rinse brush and let dry completely.
- Use sandpaper to lightly sand bangles to show layers. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush to seal bangles with Ultra-Matte Varnish. Let dry completely.
Read NextBeginner Loom Bracelet