Tribal Style Pillow
If you're looking for some bright pillows to add vibrant color to your home decor, check out this Tribal Style Pillow from I Love to Create. This authentic ethnic look is a great way to brighten up dull or solid colored areas of your home.
- Tulip® One-Step Dye™ in (Lime)
- Tulip Soft® Fabric Paint (Crimson Red and Ebony)
- Blue pencil
- Paintbrush(s) #6 round, ¾” flat
- Paper towels
- Needle and thread
- Sewing machine
- Pillow form, 16” x 16”
- Small plastic tub
- Painter’s tape
- Thick cardstock, approximately 8” x 10”
- White 100% cotton fabric, approximately 1-1½ yards
- Prewash fabric in cold water without fabric softener. Do not dry.
- Mix Lime dye as directed. Wearing gloves, place damp fabric in plastic tub and squirt dye on top making sure fabric is evenly coated. Let soak 6-8 hours.
- Rinse thoroughly in warm running water untilrunoff is clear, then wash separately in a large load of hottest water suitablefor fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Dry separately then iron smooth.
- Measure and cut out two 18” squares from fabric.
- Trace both diamond shape patterns onto cardstock. Cut out.
- Find center of fabric by placing yardstick corner to corner diagonally and drawing dots using blue pencil.
- Center larger cardstock diamond shape onto fabric and lightly trace around with blue pencil. Continue tracing large diamond shape over the fabric. Refer to photo.
- Center the smaller diamond cardstock shape inside the larger ones on fabric and lightly trace on fabric with blue pencil.
- Place circle template in center of diamonds and trace around with blue pencil.
- Tape fabric on piece of cardboard.
- Paint Crimson Red inside small diamonds leaving circles open in center. Let dry.
- Pour puddle of Ebony on palette. Using smaller brush paint Ebony around diamond borders and center circles. Let dry.
- With iron, press second square fabric piece and also lightly press over the backside of the painted piece.
- Line up both sides with painted design side facing in. Using sewing machine, stitch a one-inch seam on three sides.
- Turn right side out and fold under the raw edges on the unsewn side and pin.
- Insert pillow form into case. Use needle and thread to hand stitch the open end.
Read NextT-shirt Yarn Dreamcatcher
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.