Sweet Puppy Pillow
This sweet puppy pillow is perfect for adding some color and flair to your home decor. This decorative throw pillow can be customized to include your choice of colors and looks great with an assembly of decorative pillow patterns!
- Martha Stewart Heating Tool
- Martha Stewart Stencil Film
- Martha Stewart Stencil Tape
- Martha Stewart Stencil Adhesive Spray
- Weights or rocks
- Martha Stewart Stencil Brush Set
- Paint of choice (for dog and nose)
- Fabric scraps
- Sewing machine and supplies
- Pillow stuffing
- Hand draw a puppy, or whatever shape you'd like to put on your pillow.
- Tape the film down to a piece of glass. Then you place whatever you want under the glass as a template and you can make your own stencil! I just sketched that puppy but you can use anything to guide you.
- Use the heating tool to cut out your stencil. My tip is to go at a consistent somewhat quick pace because if you go to slow or have to stop and start then it melts the plastic in a blob.
- Then I used the adhesive stencil spray which sticks the stencil down once you are ready to paint. Because my stencil was so large, it wanted to roll up, so I taped it right side down so the adhesive covered evenly.
- Then I stuck it to the fabric for my pillow. My happy rocks also double as pattern weights.
- I used these brushes to paint in the stencil.
- I let the painted pup dry and then I added a little reverse appliqued bone dream.
- Proceed with the pillow making.
Read NextRecycled Rug Poufs
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
caroleann77 209956 0
May 05, 2012
Having a sweet mini dachshund who loves a pillow and blanket, I was delighted with this pattern. It will be perfect for us. So adorable, we will need several to share. Thank you.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use