Distressed Wood Chalkboard Wall
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"I’m obsessed with the sheer size of this chalkboard. It’s total overkill, and I totally adore it. I want to show you how to make a ginormously huge chalkboard for your house too!"
Wood for framing (I used old barn wood)
- Black chalk paint
- Painter’s tape
- Table saw
- Nail gun
Decide on the dimensions of your chalkboard.
Tape off the space with painter’s tape and roll on several coats of chalk paint.
Cut the pieces of the frame according to the chalkboard dimensions, and mitre the corners.
Attach the pieces directly to the wall with a nail gun. (This is much easier than assembling the frame on the floor and hanging it.)
Don’t forget the chalk!
NotesI had all these dreams of encouraging words and bible scriptures and “I love yous ” on the chalkboard to greet my family as they came through the garage door every day. Instead the board is covered in signatures, scribbles and autographs, and you know what? It’s just as meaningful. Every time we have friends or kids over, there is new writing on it, and that makes my heart happy.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Criss Cross Baby Booties
- Bunny Squared – Make A Bunny From A Square
- Dr. Seuss Green Eggs Slime
- Paper Plate Lamb Craft
- Natures Best Herbs Scarf
- How To Crochet A Granny Square | Crafting Happiness
- Watermelon Coaster
- Bug Repellent Solid Lotion
- Crochet Wood Napkin Rings
- Lemon Mojito Sugar Scrub Recipe
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home