Beautiful Blue Birdhouse Display
Visit Carmen at Bzzy Little Bee.
Bring the look of spring indoors with this Beautiful Blue Birdhouse Display. Instead of making one birdhouse, you can create three small birdhouses and attach them with a chain. This project is perfect for anyone who is looking for decorative craft ideas. You don't have to build the birdhouses, either - simply buy them at a local craft store and decorate them with paint. Keep your birdhouse indoors or cover it with acrylic sealer and hang it in your garden.
You can find this project, as well as many other fabulous blogger projects, in our new eBook, The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2014: Decoupage, Sewing, Jewelry Making, and More free eBook. Download your own free copy today!
- Plaid Folk Art Chalkboard Paint Black
- Rit Liquid Dyes - Aquamarine, Royal Blue
- I Love to Create Scribbles 3D Paint - Black
- Small wood birdhouses - three
- Foam core - white
- Paint pens - black, white
- Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue
- Ball chain and three connectors
- Five eyehooks
- Westcott Brand Kraft knife/cutting mat
- Paint brush
- Wire cutters
- Microwave oven
- Apply Aquamarine dye with the paintbrush to two of the birdhouses. Paint the third birdhouse with Royal Blue dye. Dry the birdhouses in the microwave by heating them for 20 seconds. Add two more coats of dye to each birdhouse, microwaving after each coat.
- Paint the birdhouse roofs with Chalkboard paint. Let dry.
- Draw black squiggles on each roof with black paint pen.
- Draw white clouds on the birdhouses with white paint pen.
- Add dimension to the roofs by drawing squiggles and dots with the black Scribbles paint. Let dry.
- Use the kraft knife and mat to cut three cloud shapes from the foam core - one for each birdhouse. Make the cloud shapes about 2" bigger all around than the birdhouse bases.
- Glue the foam core clouds to the birdhouse bases.
- Align the birdhouses to your liking then attach two eye hooks - top and bottom - to the first two birdhouses. Add the remaining eye hook to the top of the last birdhouse. Link the three birdhouses together with ball chain. Use the wire cutters to shorten the ball chain as necessary.