Decorative Cartoon Turkey
Use Styrofoam Brand Foam to create a fun cartoon turkey decoration for Thanksgiving. It's easy and kid-friendly!
- STYROFOAM* Brand Products:
- 1- 8" disc
- 1- 3-13/16" x 2-13/16" ball
- 1- 12" x 18" -- copper
- 1- 5" x 7" -- gold
- 1- 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" -- red
- Shaggy Plush Felt:
- 1- 10" x 9" -- bronzed copper
- 1- 10" x 8" -- creamy white
- Acrylic paint - Peach
- 2- 8mm half round beads -- black
- 1- 1" bone ring
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Invisible or matching thread
- Serrated knife (waxed with candle stub or paraffin)
- Marker -- black
- Tracing paper
- Trace and cut patterns. Cut the following patterns out of coordinating felt and shaggy plush felt:
*Wings-creamy white (cut one, then reverse pattern to cut other)
*Small tail-creamy white
*Large tail-bronzed copper
- Cut (1) 12" square of copper felt.
- Using knife, cut 1/4 off of egg so it has a flat side. Paint egg peach, leaving flat side unpainted. Dry.
- Using thumbs, press in sharp edges of 8" disc and place in center of 12" copper square. Glue felt to back of disc and gather with fingers to fit. Trim excess felt.
- Using remaining copper felt, cut a half circle to fit half of disc. Glue legs onto disc back. Glue half circle over leg ends.
- Glue tail pieces together (small tail on top of large tail). Glue tails on back of disc.
- Using needle and thread, sew bone ring onto tail back, approximately 3" from top center. (Leave top of ring loose).
- Glue flat side of egg on disc, near top. Using marker, draw nostrils on beak. Glue waddle, beak and bead eyes on egg head. Glue wings on disc body.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.