Spiderweb Rice Art
This spiderweb art is great for kids to make for this Halloween. All you need is some black construction paper, glue and white rice. This is also great for your preschooler or toddler to learn how to draw lines and shapes.
- Uncooked white rice
- Sheet of black construction paper
- With the glue, start from one corner and draw a line of glue to the opposite corner.
- Do the same thing to the other two corners. Your paper should have a white X on it.
- Draw a line from the center of one side to the opposite side.
- Do the same thing with the other two sides. You should now have a + and X on the paper with all of the lines intersecting in the center of the paper.
- About one inch from the intersection, draw a circle or octagon with the glue. You can make an octagon buy connecting each line with a small line in between.
- An inch from this circle (octagon) draw around it another circle (octagon). Keep doing this until you get to the edge of the paper.
- Cover all of the glue by shaking the rice on to the paper.
- Let the glue dry.
- Lift the paper up vertically, allowing the unglued rice to fall off.