Trick or Tweet Birdhouse
A wood birdhouse becomes a whimsical Halloween decoration with a bit of paint. This is great for an outdoor Halloween gesture. Acrylics and twinkles make this craft shine.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO13 - Pumpkin
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA230 - Festive Green
- DA232 - Vivid Violet
Craft Twinkles Writers
- DCTW13 - Orange
- DCTW14 - Black
- DCT4 - Christmas Green
- DCT13 - Orange
- DCT14 - Black
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- DBL1002-B - Liner 2
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DBF3008-B - Shader 8
- Foam plate
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Artificial feathered black crow
- Unfinished 2.5" x 3.5" wood rectangle
- Unfinished wood birdhouse, Don Mechanic, TG20235
- Preparation: Remove all stickers or labels from surfaces before painting.
- Use flat brush and Vivid Violet to paint birdhouse below roof; let dry.
- Use shader brush and Lamp Black to paint edge of roof, underneath roof, and pegs; let dry.
- Use flat brush and Pumpkin to paint rooftop and rectangle shape; let dry.
- Use liner brush and Lamp Black to paint words on rectangle; let dry.
- Place ruler on top front of birdhouse under roofline at one side; draw line at bottom of ruler edge. Repeat for other side. Place top of ruler at edge of line and keep repeating down front of birdhouse to draw diamond pattern, working around pegs.
- Use shader brush and Festive Green to paint diamond on front; let dry.
- Squeeze about one teaspoon of Orange Craft Twinkles onto plate. Use flat brush and Orange to paint over rooftop.
- Squeeze about one teaspoon of Christmas Green Craft Twinkles onto plate. Use shader brush and Green to paint over Festive Green diamonds. Let dry.
- Outline diamond shapes with Orange Craft Twinkles Writer; let dry.
- Use Black Craft Twinkles Writer to paint dots over centers of violet diamonds; let dry.
- Spray rectangle and birdhouse with Americana Gloss Sealer; let dry.
- Refer to photo for placement and glue rectangle sign to birdhouse.
- Cut or bend wires flat on feet of crow; glue crow to birdhouse at feet and lower belly.