Magically Easy Masks
Here’s a way to customize your costume by making a matching mask. It’s easy to transform a plain, plastic mask into the design of your dreams by adding color-coordinated threads, feathers, sequins, and beads. The secret is in the double-sided Treasure Tape—embellishments are fast, and they stick!
- Plain plastic mask
- Feathers, sequins, etc.
- Kreinik #12 Braid in colors to match your costume
- Treasure Tape 8” X 10” sheets
- Treasure Tape circle shapes
- Diamond Beadlets
- Shallow pan or tray
- Cut the sheets of Treasure Tape in swirls or geometric shapes as desired. Peel off the white liner and lay on your mask.
- Peel off the red liner to expose the top sticky area.
- Begin embellishing by laying the largest objects first, such as feathers, buttons, etc.
- Then decorate with the Kreinik metallic thread as desired.
- When embellishing is complete, lay the mask in a shallow pan and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets.
Read NextEco-Friendly Ghost Decoration