Homemade Princess Halloween Costume
Make her the perfect pastel and glitter princess costume for trick-or-treating this Halloween. Use glitter, metallics and pearls to make the prettiest princess costume for your princess.
DecoArt Products Required
- FPG02 - Pink Glitter
- FPG05 - Gold Glitter
- FP07 - Purple
- DSM19 - Glorious Gold Metallic
SoSoft Shimmering Pearls
- DSP6 - Lilac Pearl
- DSP26 - Baby Pink Pearl
- 1/2" round foam pouncer brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Foam plate
- Large and small heart stamp
- Scissors, regular and small sharp-pointed
- 6" strips of tulle net, pale pink, bright pink, purple
- Pink sweatsuit
- Pink foam tiara visor, Darice Foamies 1044-32
- Remove spring back on one side of tiara visor and lay flat for painting. On tiara, use Purple Foam Paint to create heart and diamond outlines. Allow to dry.
- Use Pink Glitter Foam Paint to fill in Purple shapes. Use Gold Glitter Foam Paint to make word, swirls, and dots on tips. Set aside and allow paint to dry.
- Referring to photo for placement, stamp or freehand paint hearts to shirt front, leaving 1” between shapes. Squeeze small amount of Glorious Gold Metallic onto plate. Dip pouncer brush into paint and press onto shirt, following curve of neckline, for beads. Allow paint to dry.
- Cut off neckband of sweatshirt close to lower edge and bottom of sweatshirt 2” above band. Refer to photo and cut sleeves off to form cap sleeve (rounded off and cut just below armpit).
- At 1/2" from bottom edge of sweatshirt, cut 1/2" slits 1" apart around shirt. Referring to photo for placement, make two 1/2" slits 1" apart above raw edge of sleeve and continuing around sweatshirt, allowing 2" space between pairs of slits.
- Measure and cut 6" by 8" of each color tulle net. Aligning short ends of net pieces, pull them down through slit on left and back through slit on right. Center net at front of shirt; tie net tightly into single knot.
- For skirt, fold 6" x 30" lengths of tulle net in half. Pull folded center through slit from back side. Loop loose ends through center fold at front of shirt, pulling tightly at base to secure. Repeat for all slits.
- We cut strips of tulle net, using about one yard of each color for size 4 outfit. (This may vary depending on length of net skirt you make and also width of shirt.) Determine number of slits you’ll need to determine yardage of tulle needed. (Lengths given for skirt tulle can be adjusted for smaller or larger size.)
- To create skirt, we used bright pink net for alternate slits, then alternated light pink and purple on remaining slits.
Read NextCute Polly Pumpkin