Halloween Haunted Birdhouse
October is the season of candy apples, cozy quilts, carving pumpkins, and Halloween craft ideas. Believe it or not, October can also be a good time for birdhouses with this Halloween Haunted Birdhouse. Roll up your sleeves and get your glitter on, because this is one unique Halloween decorating idea that you won't want to pass up. Even if it's not October, it isn't too early to get a head start on this irresistibly fun Halloween Haunted Birdhouse. Move over birds, and make some room for the bats and spiders.
- Wood bird house
- Sheets of double stick tape
- Black tooling foil
- Permanent marker
- Scissors & craft knife
- Embossing tool
- Black paint pen
- Cover birdhouse with double-stick sheet.
- Use permanent marker to draw designs on sides.
- Cut shapes with craft knife.
- Sprinkle glitter.
- Start with the darkest color glitter.
- Do black glitter first on all sides.
- Once you finish sprinkling all the black glitter shapes, you can move on to sprinkling the orange.
- Continue to peel away paper and sprinkle on orangle glitter.
- Use the black paint pen to paint the little wooden dowel bird perch on the front.
- Cut piece of black embossing metal to fit roof.
- Trim foil to fit roof snugly.
- Use embossing tool on metal roof.
- Use sandpaper to add distressed look to foil.
Read NextGhostly Halloween Luminaries
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.