Ghost in the Pumpkin Patch
This cute little ghost from Polyform Products is anything but scary! If you're looking for unique and decorative Halloween crafts, check out this Ghost in the Pumpkin Patch scene. Made with clay, this project is easy and fun, and great for the kids to do, too!
- Sculpey® III: Black - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Chocolate - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Granny Smith - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Lime - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Red Hot Red - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Sweet Potato - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: White - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Sculpey® III: Yellow - 2 oz-- 1 block
- Clay Conditioning Machine
- Sculpey® Clay Tool Starter Set
- White glue
- 2" x 2" wood fence, or thin twigs wired together
- Fine-point black permanent marker
Preheat oven to 275 °F. Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. Condition all clay by kneading until it’s soft and smooth or running it through the Clay Conditioning Machine for several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
Make 2" Lime ball and flatten into oval. Make grass texture by poking and dragging toothpick through clay. Insert wood fence in mound.
Make five 3/8" Yellow balls into teardrops for sunflower petals, and press in center lines. Press petals together and press tiny Chocolate ball in center.
Make 5/16" Granny Smith ball into flat teardrop for leaf, and press in center vein. Press leaf under flower. Dot fence corner with glue and press flower on.
Make 1/4" and 1/2" Red Hot Red balls for ladybugs, and use blade tool to press in line. Make tiny Black balls and press on for heads. Press small ladybug on flower and larger one behind fence.
Make 1/2" and 3/4" Sweet Potato balls and press lines for pumpkins. Using pointed tool, indent pumpkin tops. Make Granny Smith flat teardrops and press in veins to make leaves, and press on next to stem hole. Make two Chocolate stems and press in stem holes.
Make 1–1/2" White ball into teardrop with long tail for ghost body, and press on grass. Make two 1" teardrops and press on body for arms. Make 3/4" White ball into teardrop with long wavy tail, and press on body for head. Press on small rectangle Sweet Potato nose. Use pointed tool to press in mouth. Make two 1/8" Red Hot Red teardrops and press together for heart. Press heart on body.
- Bake as directed above. Allow to cool completely. Use marker to make ladybug dots and ghost eyes. With small ball of Red Hot Red, smudge cheeks and flower petals. If fence is loose, glue in place.
Read Next42 Free Halloween Crochet Patterns