Day of the Dead Skull Door Decoration
This lovely tribute to the beautiful Day of the Dead celebration will look amazing on your door, no matter what the occasion. The Day of the Dead Skull Door Decoration could make a cool Halloween decoration idea. Throw a unique party and remember that Halloween isn't the only thing worth celebrating in the fall. Your guests will never forget the beauty of this Day of the Dead Skull Door Decoration. Honor those who celebrate this unique holiday and make a beautiful new decoration.
- Wood laser cut skull shape
- 2 purple plastic cabochons
- 1 red plastic cabochon
- Decoart's American Acrylic paint - Berry Red, Citron Green, Calypso Blue, Titanium White
- Decoart's Craft Twinkle Writer paint - Black
- Sharpie - black
- Size 1 round brush
- Sponge brush
- Sandpaper (fine grit)
- Silver paper trim (1/8" wide)
- Silver pipe cleaner
- Aleene's Turbo Tacky Glue
- Paper plate - as a paint tray
- Parchment paper
- Lightly sand the entire surface of the wood shape. Be sure all stickers are removed.
- Paint the front and back of your wood form with white paint. Allow to dry before flipping from one side to the other. You will need two coats of paint on both sides.
- Use the other colors to trace around the edges of the decorative cut outs. I mixed paints to obtain pink and lavender.
- Use the writer paint to trace around the teeth and the citron of the eyes. Allow to dry and then trace those edges with a black Sharpie for better definition.
- Glue the silver trim to the outer edge of the skull shape.
- Use a pipe cleaner to form a handle / hook at the top.
Read NextCreepy Googly Eyes Topiary
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use