Kanzashi DIY Flower Hair Clip
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
It's never been so easy to create DIY hair bows. Create your own Kanzashi DIY Flower Hair Clip using only a few supplies. Best of all, this project isn't expensive to make. Create an easy to hand-sew flower clip to put in any girls hair. Japanese Kansas flower style using scraps of fabric and template. DIY hair accessories are perfect for moms who are constantly looking for cute yet age-appropriate wearables for little girls. Since little ones tend to lose their hair accessories so often, this is a great alternative to more expensive store-bought items. Make a bunch and have your little girl wear a new one every single day.
NotesThe flower can be made to use from either side.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- 6 pieces of cotton fabric squares about 4inches square
- Sewing thread and a needle
- Kanzashi Flower Maker (Round Petal/Small Size) template. #8480. from Clover MFG. Co. Ltd.
- Glue gun and glue stick
- Hair clip
Fold a square of fabric into triangle, and insert inside template and snap close.
Trim off excess fabric poking out.
Thread needle with single strand of thread about 24 to 36 inches long. Knot end of thread.
Insert needle into open space labelled #1 start, pull through the other sited come out on (1).
Insert needle into number (2) and continue going in and out following numbers on template.
After reaching (8) open template and release fabric with thread.
Pull on thread to create a petal. Do not cut the thread.
Keeping first petal on the thread continue making 5 more petals with the same thread.
When six petals have been completed pull and adjust flower by pulling on both ends of thread to create a ring with the petals.
Secure with a knot.
Once the flower is formed attach a button to the centre with some hot glue (or sew on by hand).
Using some more hot glue adhere the flower to the hair clip end. (note you could also attach the flower with some thread an a needle to the hair clip if there is a small hole on the clip).
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- I Spy Sports
- I Spy Outer Space
- Winter Kids Scarf
- 42 Things To Do With The Elf On The Shelf
- How To Make Sanda Frost From Paper?
- Color Block (or Not) Earrings
- Buffalo Plaid Placemat
- 10 Winter Coloring Pages for Adults: Printable PDFs
- Elf Leg Earrings
- Through The Window Hand Towel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home