Beaded Hair Clip
Create a colorful hair clip with your kids, from The Bead Studio.
- 1 Hairclip w/ hole for beading
- 27 - 4mm glass beads
- 1 foot Soft Flex Wire (SFW)
- 1 yard 28g craft wire
- 10" assorted beads
- 2 charms or feathers
- 3 Crimp Beads
- Chain-nose or Crimp pliers (optional)
- Thread all of the 4mm beads onto the 28g wire leaving a 2" tail on one side, twist the two tail pieces together.
- Place the beaded loop onto the top side of the hair clip and feed the tail into the loop.
- Wrap the long wire around the barrette looping it between the 4mm beads until you have come full circle and twist the wire to the short tail end. Tuck end down.
- Thread the SFW through the hole in the hairclip and slide the crimp bead up the two ends of the wire and crimp to secure.
- Add beads to the wires ending with a crimp bead and charm.
Read NextBeaded Victorian Hair Comb
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Dec 22, 2012
I have used an invisible thread insted of wire to refresh my tired hear clip.Now it look like new and everybody ask what shop it is from.
Apr 04, 2011
I like this idea. It's simple and easy to modify for someone of any age. I think I like the idea of putting the beaded strands on fishing line so it will be flexible as it dangles down the hair. Another project that I'm eager to start. I might even take some of my older necklaces apart and use those beads. Or you can buy necklaces with lovely beads at yard sales for pennies. Then take them apart and start creating. Another good idea.
Mar 22, 2011
I love these hair clips but can't seem to find the correct wire. Either it's too stiff or to flimsy. I have used 3 different types and nothing is working well. The end result is cute but soooo frustrating to finish.
Mar 18, 2011
I like it, I'm going to make some for my grandduather
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use