Upcycled Vintage Stacking Ring Mobile
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"A favorite childhood toy - Fisher Price stacking rings - has been played with by my young children but has started showing its 30-some years. The rings were splitting and the cone suffered a broken chunk during some wild swordplay. Instead of tossing it out (along with those memories), I turned it into a playroom mobile. Such a mobile can be made with any old and broken toys!"
- Stacking ring toy
- Fishing line
- Craft glue
- Drill and thin drill bit
- Sewing needle
Make 2-3 knots in one end of the fishing line and insert this end into each individual stacking ring.
Using thin drill bit, create holes in base of stacking tower. Goal is to have the drill bit go all the way through the base.
Thread the fishing line through a sewing needle, and thread each ring through the holes made in the base.
Once through the base, tie 3-4 knots in each fishing line, staggering the lengths of the rings.
Drill one more hole in the area where the stacking ring cone screws into the base.
Make a hanging loop out of fishing line and insert your loop into this hole. Adjust to fit the space where it will be hung.
Using craft glue, glue the ball that sits atop the cone as it will be hung upside down.
Once dry, hang and enjoy. So fun!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Recycled Egg Carton Bowls
- Bold Button Water Bottle Bracelet
- Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets
- How to Make a Purse from Plastic Bags
- 11 Plastic Bag Crafts
- Milk Jug First Aid Kit
- Recycled Magazine Cork Board
- Beautiful Birdcage T-Shirt Craft
- Plastic Bottle Hanging Planters
- Trash to Treasure Mosaic Table
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make A Sherpa Fleece And Flannel Blanket
- Heart Block Pillow Pattern
- Wax Air Freshener With Dried Flowers
- Diy Bird Feeders
- Winter Rays Hat
- Chunky Heart Pillow
- How To Miter Corners
- Diy Pine Cone Flowers
- Vintage Galvanized Bucket
- Heart String Art Tutorial
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home