Straight From The Recycle Bin DIY Wreath
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
I made this Straight From The Recycle Bin DIY Wreath from materials that where in my recycling bin apart from the glue that holds it together. This homemade wreath is made from a cardboard box which I shredded into thin strips. I twisted the strips round and then formed a circle shape which I glued onto a cardboard template which I also made. I made the paper flowers from old greeting cards using a die cutting machine and glue. The hanger is the handle from an old gift bag. This project took me a couple of hours to produce and I have it hanging in my living room. My tip is to look at the potential in your recycle bin before throwing anything away.
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
- Old greeting cards
- Hot glue gun
- Piece of string for hanging
- Clear varnish to finish (optional)
Cut or shred cardboard box
Cut cardboard wreath shape of your choice
twist cardboard strips round each other
glue onto cardboard wreath shape with glue gun or strong glue
cut out flowers of various colours and shapes by hand or with die cutting machine or punches.
Attach flowers with glue gun or strong glue.
Loop string hanger through top of wreath.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"This isn't your typical beginner knit cowl or scarf! Made with only one skein of yarn and with big needles, it works up fast. Perfect… Continue reading: "Eiffel Beginner Knit Cowl Pattern"
- Stunning Toothbrush Bracelet
- Stunningly Beautiful Pill Bottle Lamp
- DIY Toothbrush Needle
- 17 Crafty Uses for an Old Toothbrush
- Prettiest Toothbrush Art Paper Craft
- Large Durable Plarn Tote
- Recycled Jeans Tin Can Planters
- Baby Food Jar Dinosaur Treat Container
- How To Make Flower Lights Out Of Recycled Plastic
- Trash to Treasure Mosaic Table
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- Puff Stitch Boho Coaster
- Low Carb Dog Treats
- Jeremy The Giraffe
- Watering Can That Pours Crystals
- 29 Beach Crafts & Coastal Diy Wall Art
- Cloudy Sunset Beret
- Mystical Mitts
- Easy Fabric Basket In Any Size
- "Vintage" Gold Leaf Resin Bangles
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home