Egg Carton Flower Fairies
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Be eco-friendly and make these colorful Egg Carton Flower Fairies from upcycled egg cartons! Egg carton crafts are a great way to help the planet and save money on craft supplies at the same time. In fact, you might not realize exactly how many recycled art projects you can make with items you have in your trash bin. You only need an egg carton, a wooden bead, twine and watercolors and you'll have a perfect decoration for the home or a springtime party. You can also use the tutorial to create a bouquet of recycled flowers!
Primary Technique: Green Crafting
- Egg cartons
- Two wooden beads (one large one for the face, plus one smaller one)
- Watercolors or other paint
- Twine for hanging
DID YOU KNOW?
The egg carton was not created by an engineer? The first egg carton, a piece strikingly similar to the egg cartons we have today, was created by Thomas Peter Bethell in what is now British Colombia in 1906. He did not create the egg carton for himself, but rather to calm a feud between a hotel owner and a local farmer. All of the eggs the farmer was delivering broke in transit, which, as you can imagine, caused the hotel owner to be very upset.
Patented in 1969 in the US, the egg carton is actually one of the more efficient packaging marvels we have. Unlike other foods like cookies or cereal, eggs only come in one container while still being adequately protected. Other foods often come with plastic bags and cartons within a box which many environmental-minded consumers find extremely wasteful. Additionally, many smaller farms purchase recycled egg cartons. This means your egg carton crafts are doubly recycled!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Dollar Store DIY Desk Organizers
Floral Wall Organizer
Upcycled Reusable Shopping Bags
Stunningly Beautiful Pill Bottle Lamp
Magical DIY Fairy Jar Night Light
Pill Bottle Crafts: Reuse Pill Bottles [11 Ideas]
1000+ Recycled Crafts: Crafting with Recyclable Items
Pink Flower Water Bottle Bracelets
62 Toilet Paper Roll Crafts
Tuna Can Party Lights
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Fireside Slippers
- 24 Free Shawl Knitting Patterns
- Shiny + Soft Main Street Yarns
- Beginner Hat Knitting Pattern
- 15 Easy Crochet Baby Booties for Beginners
- 31 Summer Wreaths to Make
- How to Set Tie Dye in Fabric
- Crochet Christmas Stockings: 14 Free Patterns
- 12 Knitted Dishcloth Patterns
- Crochet Flower Pot
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home