Tea Light Lantern
Looking for fun and easy garden craft ideas? Make a Tea Light Lantern from Linda Peterson to brighten up your outdoor space! This craft is perfect for beginners or anyone that loves to spend time outside in nature. Spring is a great time for wonderful garden crafts.
- Jar with a lip such as a baby jar or candle jar
- 1/16” armature wire – Wireform
- 3/16” armature wire – Wireform
- Metal charm
- Tacky Glue
- Cut an 8” piece of 1/16” wire and bend into a “U” shape.
- Cut an 18” piece of 1/16” wire and wrap around lip of jar.
- Insert 8” wire end on to each side of jar and curl with pliers to secure ends. Repeat other side.
- Pull the wire tight around the jar and wrap around the handle to secure. Trim off excess wire.
- Wrap a decorative piece of wire around handle.
- Stretch out the 3/16” coil.
- Add any loops desired.
- Bend the end down and loop in opposite way.
- Trim wire so that the hook is approximately 18” long.
- You may substitute any wire for this project to create the lantern. Aluminum wire can also be found at your local hardware store.
For a video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make a Garden Tealight Lantern.