Hanging Felt Mittens
Ever wondered how to make adorable felt Christmas crafts? Well, this homemade Christmas craft is perfect for you! Hanging Felt Mittens are a great addition to a home and are sure so add some holiday cheer!
- Kreinik Cable 001P Silver
- CPE felt: 3" x 6" white 3" x 6" red, 6" x 12" royal blue (CPE felt numbers 0650, 0543, 0395, respectively)
- 9" x 12" Pellon Fusible Fleece
- 9" x12" Pellon Wonder-Under® transfer web
- 5" x 5" Pellon Sof-Shape fusible interfacing
- Beacon FABRI-TAC permanent adhesive
- Pressing cloth
Note: Cover felt with pressing cloth before fusing.
- View the patterns for the heart, mitten shape and cuff.
- Cut royal blue felt into two 6" x 6" pieces. Following manufacturer's instructions, apply transfer web to one piece of blue felt. Remove paper backing. Apply fusible fleece to the other piece of blue felt. Position blue felt pieces wrong sides together. Fuse felt. Pin mitten pattern to fused felt. Cut out mittens.
- Cut white felt into two 3" x 3" pieces. Following manufacturer's instructions, apply fusible interfacing to one piece of white felt. Apply transfer web to the other piece of white felt. Remove paper backing.
- Position white felt pieces wrong sides together. Fuse felt. Pin cuff pattern to fused felt. Cut out cuffs.
- Following manufacturer's instructions, apply transfer web to red felt. Trace heart pattern on paper side of felt. Cut out hearts. Position a heart on each mitten. Fuse in place.
- Using Silver Kreinik Cable 001P, blanket stitch around rounded edges of mitten and heart.
- Glue a cuff to top of each mitten.
- Cut silver Cable into two 7-inch lengths. Glue ends of cable to top of cuffs.
Read NextWhimsical Fairy Nymph