Faux Cement Clay Planter
Take an ordinary clay pot and turn it into something beautiful with Mod Podge Collage Clay. This Faux Cement Clay Planter is a great home accent piece and can be displayed both indoors and out. Made using molds, clays, and melts, this is a great project for expressing your creativity. Make it as a gift for a loved one or craft your own pot to hold an indoor plant. This project is a great challenge for anyone looking to spice up their home decor...and with its simple boarder and soft color palette, it can be a subtle yet eye-catching addition to your indoor or outdoor decor scheme.
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Mod Podge ® Mod Melts - White Milk Glass
- Mod Podge ® Mod Molds - Ornaments
- Mod Podge ® Collage Clay - Vanilla White
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Forest Moss, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Metallics - Pure Gold, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Dove Gray, 2 oz.
- Hot glue gun
- Clay pot
- Palette knife
- Flat brush ½”
- Foam plates
- Paper towels
- Water basin
- Paint rim of pot with Forest Moss.
- Create multiple border pieces from the mod mold with the white mod melt. Paint Forest Moss.
- Curl the borders to fit around the rim of pot and glue to secure. Dry brush the border and rim of pot lightly with Pure Gold.
- Mix equal part of Dove Gray and collage clay on a foam plate. Spread onto body of pot with vertical motion slightly overlapping to create a cement look.
- Let dry thoroughly.