Desert DIY Fairy Garden
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "We had so much fun making this little desert fairy garden, I wanted to share “how we did it” with you. The main house was made using a humble little wooden tissue box and there's an outhouse, with a long drop for when nature calls."
Fairy gardens have grown increasingly popular in the DIY world. The whimsical addition of sprites to your home can easily lighten your mood. Plus, compared to full scale gardens, fairy garden ideas are easy to make and easy to maintain. Check out this how to make a fairy garden tutorial to learn how to make a totally unique garden crafts. The Desert DIY Fairy Garden is a garden craft that allows you to display your cacti in a charming way. This adorable idea is sure to turn heads.
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Wooden tissue box
- Bits of bark
- Wood off cuts
- Small stones
- Silicone glue
We built a roof for the tissue box out of hardboard and cut two windows and a door using our Dremel.
We stripped the bark off of some logs we had lying around and used silicone glue to clad the outside of the tissue box.
We cut thin strips of wood into small shingles which we sealed with a matte outdoor wood sealer and then covered the roof and finally we finished the top of the roof off with a piece of pewter.
The outhouse is covered in strips of pewter and the long drop is a small piece of wood that we drilled a hole into.
If you are looking to make a fairy garden but have no clue how to start, check out our full length tutorial (complete with a video) on How to Make a Fairy Garden
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Noir Beanie
- Tweedy Pocket Scarf
- Diy Mini Winter Hats Yarn Craft
- Smokestack Hat
- Sponge Brownie Prank for April Fools' Day
- April Fools' Day Shampoo Prank Idea
- Mischievous April Fools' Day Cupcakes
- Lavender Candles
- Craft Stick Leprechaun Hat
- Notebook Pencil Holder
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home