Clay Pot Critters
These Clay Pot Critters from Plaid are perfect for livening up your garden! You can make a bee, butterfly, frog, ladybug, or all four! These terra cotta pots also make great housewarming gifts when combined with a plant.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Bright Baby Pink, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Extreme Glitter™ - Black, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Lipstick Red, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Artists Pigments™ - Medium Yellow, 2 oz.
- Stencil Decor ® Accessories - Dauber Set, multi
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Wicker White, 2 oz.
- FolkArt ® Acrylic Colors - Licorice, 2 oz.
- 10 Clay Pots – 1½" 12 Clay Pots 4"
- Rose Pot – 4"
- 5 Styrofoam® Balls – 1½" 3 Styrofoam® Balls – 3" 1½ Fun Foam – White
- Purple Chenille Stems – White Purple and Black
- Wiggle Eyes (15mm)
- Craft Glue
- E-6000® Craft Adhesive
- Butter Knife
- Fine Point Black Permanent Marker
- Silk Daisies
- Paintbrushes -- #1 Liner Brush and ½” Flat Brush
- Use flat brush to paint outside of all pots Lime Green. Let dry. Paint inside of large pot Bright Baby Pink and inside of all small pots Lime Green. Let dry.
- Use liner brush to paint the bottom inside of two of small pots Wicker White. Paint a black inner ring around opening of bottom of pot. Use handle end of liner brush dipped in white to create dot highlight for eye. Let dry.
- Glue pots with eyes to large pot. Glue two pots to back end of large pot for legs. Glue remaining pots to front rim of large pot for front legs.
- Use handle end of paintbrush to dot nose on rim in Licorice and dots on legs in Wicker White. Let dry.
- Glue two 1½" clay pots together to form body. Glue 1½" foam ball to one end. Paint Bright Baby Pink; add dots in Wicker White with dauber.
- Cut wings from purple foam; glue to back of butterfly.
- Cut chenille stem pieces for antennae and mouth. Insert antennae into foam; glue antennae, eyes in place.
- Paint 4" rose pot medium yellow. Use pencil to mark 1" stripes on pot; paint two stripes Licorice; let dry. Apply top coat of black Extreme Glitter to Licorice stripes.
- Paint a 3" foam ball Licorice; glue to rim of pot for the head. Cut chenille stem pieces for antennae and mouth. Insert antennae in foam; glue antennae, eyes and mouth in place.
- Fill pot with flowers. Cut a rectangle of white foam; write message with black permanent marker; glue purple chenille stem to back. Insert into flowers.
- Paint 4" pot Lipstick Red; add a top coat of red Extreme Glitter. Use pencil to mark 1" dots; paint Licorice.
- Cut one 3" and three 1½" foam balls in half; paint Licorice. Glue large half to pot front for head and small pieces to rim for feet.
- Cut chenille stem pieces for antennae and mouth. Insert antennae in foam; glue antennae, mouth and eyes in place.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Nov 03, 2017
These are so clever and a great way to repurpose broken pots too! If you create these for inside you can add little embellishments like pompoms or pipe cleaners! For outside in the garden, make sure you cover any painted areas with a shellac or decopage to keep your critters lasting longer! These would be fun to give as gifts to gardeners! Kids will love them too!
Nov 03, 2017
These are so clever and a great way to repurpose broken pots too! If you create these for inside you can add little embellishments like pompoms
Mar 22, 2016
Oh my gosh, where have you been all my life? A neighbor of mine moved recently and gave me a ton of smaller clay pots. I had no idea what I would do with them. Until now! I am going to make all of these. Now I will look as creative as the rest of the ladies in my neighborhood!
ansierautenbach 73 44990
Jun 10, 2013
Very beautiful and cute.
Feb 02, 2013
OH MY!! I am going to have a cute garden this year. Thanks.
castellisusan 8016 887
Jul 05, 2012
omg! love these guys..... so gonna make these!
Jun 30, 2012
These are so adorable! These cute critters make me smile!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use