Citronella Candles And Luminaries
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"My 10 year old granddaughter and I made these with items we saved and found in my "STASH". We used recycled wine bottles,glass food jars, tissue paper,white glue,rope,oil lamp wicks,citronella oil,candles, paint brush, hot glue gun and glue sticks. We picked the colors we wanted and tore tissue into pieces.Then we painted white glue in small areas and attached the tissue painting a layer of glue over it. After they were dry the rope was added using a hot glue gun and then filled with citronella or a candle. We intend to use them on our garden patio this summer."
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- Recycled wine and glass food jars
- Assorted tissue paper
- White glue
- Paint brush
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Oil lamp wick
- Citronella oil (for wine bottle)
- Candle (foe luminaries)
Wash and dry recycled bottles and jars.
Choose tissue paper colors and tear into random pieces.
With a paint brush, add white glue to a small area at a time to place the tissue. Making sure all edges are glued down.Paint a small amount of glue over the tissue to blend.
Allow the project to dry.
Hot glue rope to the top of the project. Use what you have in your stash. Ribbon, yarn etc.
Fill bottles with citronella oil and top off with the oil lamp wick. Simply add a candle to the luminary jar.
Light and enjoy your back yard with family without those pesky bugs.
NotesThese are not intended to be used inside. The pictures were taken inside because our weather has been very cold and windy here in Ohio.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This free crochet pattern is suitable and intermediate crocheters who know the basics. The total yardage for a large blanket (1 x 1.80… Continue reading: "Colourful Granny Rainbow Crochet Baby Blanket"
- DIY PVC birds
- Dishwasher Pod Container Recycled Planter
- Recycled Bottle Cap Flower Garden Stake
- Charming Recycled Songbird Tin Can Wind Chime
- Upcycled Plastic Bottle Decor Items
- Gorgeous Simple 10 Minute Moroccan Tile Planters
- Decoupage Flower Pots
- Milk Carton Bird Feeder
- Terra Cotta Pinch Pots
- Decorative Painted Rocks
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Gentlemen Scarf
- Super Simple Shawl
- Crochet Sandals
- Baby Girl Puff Shoe Worked Flat
- Boho Packing Tape Storage
- Homeschool Room Ideas
- Elegant Wine Glass Stem Planters
- Adult Summer Halter Top
- Yo-Yo Pumpkin Tutorial
- Crochet 12-point Star Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home