Citronella Candles And Luminaries
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"My 10 year old granddaughter and I made these with items we saved and found in my "STASH". We used recycled wine bottles,glass food jars, tissue paper,white glue,rope,oil lamp wicks,citronella oil,candles, paint brush, hot glue gun and glue sticks. We picked the colors we wanted and tore tissue into pieces.Then we painted white glue in small areas and attached the tissue painting a layer of glue over it. After they were dry the rope was added using a hot glue gun and then filled with citronella or a candle. We intend to use them on our garden patio this summer."
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- Recycled wine and glass food jars
- Assorted tissue paper
- White glue
- Paint brush
- Glue gun and glue sticks
- Oil lamp wick
- Citronella oil (for wine bottle)
- Candle (foe luminaries)
Wash and dry recycled bottles and jars.
Choose tissue paper colors and tear into random pieces.
With a paint brush, add white glue to a small area at a time to place the tissue. Making sure all edges are glued down.Paint a small amount of glue over the tissue to blend.
Allow the project to dry.
Hot glue rope to the top of the project. Use what you have in your stash. Ribbon, yarn etc.
Fill bottles with citronella oil and top off with the oil lamp wick. Simply add a candle to the luminary jar.
Light and enjoy your back yard with family without those pesky bugs.
NotesThese are not intended to be used inside. The pictures were taken inside because our weather has been very cold and windy here in Ohio.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Invisible Joining In Crochet
- Little Bitty Round Doily
- Oopsie Daisy Baby Doll Romper
- Free Crochet Sprouting Sapling Plant Pattern
- Monstera Leaf Crochet Mug Rug
- Printable I Spy Summer
- Emilia Shawl
- Endless Eyelets Cardigan Pattern
- Ornamental Shawlette
- Plush Hourglass Floor Pillow
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home