Blooming Watering Can
I love making crafts for my garden like this blooming watering can from Beacon Adhesives. Use colored paper to create a springy flower design on a plain old watering can for an unexpected pop of color in your garden.
- Liquid Laminate
- Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Small metal watering can 5” high or larger
- Good quality white tissue paper
- 1⁄2” wide, soft craft brush
- Lilac and white acrylic craft paint
- Yellow, light blue, lilac cardstock
- Green decorative paper
- White vellum
- Medium leaf paper punch
- Assorted sizes of flower paper punchest
- Butterfly paper punch
- Cork trivet or coaster
- Decorative paper scissors
- Yellow and light blue dimensional paper paints
- Paper crimper
- Scissors, paper towels, newspaper to protect surface
- Apply LIQUID LAMINATE to surface of watering can, following bottle directions, and decoupage white tissue paper over can. Add a top coat of LIQUID LAMINATE and let dry.
- Paint entire outside of can with lilac paint and let dry. Use dry brush method to add white paint here and there to highlight.
- Cut a 4” X 3 1/3” oval from yellow cardstock. Trim around edges with decorative scissors. Cut a smaller oval 3” X 2 ½” from light blue cardstock and trim with decorative scissors. Run both ovals through paper crimper. Glue blue oval to the center of the yellow oval with ZIP DRY. Dry, and glue combined oval to front of can.
- Punch out 5 leaves from green decorative paper. Place leaf on cork coaster or trivet and create a vein down center of each leaf with the stylus. Glue leaves with ZIP DRY around outer edge of the blue oval as in photo.
- Punch out 3 vellum and 3 lilac cardstock larger flowers, creating an indentation in each center with the stylus. Glue vellum flowers onto the lilac flowers and, once dry, glue lilac plastic beads to the center of each flower.
- Use smaller flower punch to make 5 flowers from the yellow cardstock. Repeat indentations. Add a dot of yellow paint to the center of each flower.
- Punch 2 butterflies from the vellum. Add dots of light blue paint to the wings.
- Glue the flowers and butterflies over the leaves and oval.