- Unfinished wood frame
- Wood embellishment - I used an owl
- Scrapbook paper - 1 sheet, I used Adorn It Owls All Around
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint - in coordinating colors; I used Coastal Blue and Burnt Umber
- Mod Podge Matte
- Flat paint brush
- Ultrafine Opaque Art Glitter - #234 Turquoise, #132 Saddlebag, #56 Pumpkin, #58 Brown
- Designer Dries Clear Glue with Metal Tip
- Pencil or Pen
- Trace your frame onto the back of your piece of scrapbook paper. Cut out the shape to cover your frame and set aside.
- You'll first need to remove the back and paint the frame. If your frame has any rough edges, you can take care of them with sandpaper. The nice part about Mod Podging a frame is that you only need to paint the sides that will show and the back. Give several coats and allow to dry.
- Paint your owl, just in case some of the parts showed through the glitter on the edges. Let him dry and come back and glitter him in a minute.
- Now that your frame is dry, you need to paint Mod Podge onto the front of it so that you can adhere the paper. Put a medium coat down.
- Using your hands (or a brayer like I did), smooth the paper down thoroughly. Continue to smooth until you have removed all of the air bubbles from your project. Allow to dry for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Now that the paper has dried, coat the entire frame with Mod Podge. Do the back and front. Allow to dry and then repeat.
- To glitter your wood piece, start with the largest area (brown). Spread Mod Podge over the paint area and then sprinkle brown glitter.
- Tap the wood piece to get the excess glitter off, then allow it to dry.
- Finish up with the turquoise and pumpkin glitters. You may want to move to a small brush to apply the Mod Podge on smaller areas - it's up to you.
- To add some glitter details to your very glittery owl, use some dries clear glue with the tip. Outline the eyes and add dots to his tummy - tap the piece off again and allow to dry.
- Finish the project by adding the owl to the frame with the dries clear glue.
Read NextPolka Dot Chalkboard Frame