Star and Stripes Pillow
Use red, white and blue fabric scraps with exposed seams to give a patriotic pillow a chenille look. A yellow star embellishment turns this pillow into an homage to the American flag. Homemade 4th of july decorations are a great way to decorate your home, from Sizzix.
- 655777 - Sizzix Bigz Clear Die - Star
- Hot-Glue Gun
- Sewing Machine
- Cut strips of fabric for stripes.
- Stitch together with seams always facing up.
- Attach square to side of stripes in the same manner.
- Cut a piece of fabric the same size as the front.
- Stitch three sides together with seams still facing outward.
- Wash and dry pillow cover to create the chenille look.
- Insert batting into pillow and machine stitch closed.
- Die-cut two Stars from fabric and one from batting.
- Assemble batting between two Stars and stitch around edges.
- Sew button into center of Star.
- Attach to pillow with hot glue or by sewing.
- A store-bought pillow can work as well. Just create Stars and attach to pillow as instructed above.
Read NextButton Flag Tray