Refashioned Fourth of July Hat
You've seen standard red, white and blue Fourth of July decorations, but what about wearables? Create your own Refashioned Fourth of July Hat from Candace Jedrowicz using a plan topper you already have. This is a fun and fashionable way to celebrate!
- Acrylic paint in 2 or 3 shades of blue
- Hot glue
- Decorations – I used red Christmas garlands, blue and white ribbons, red 26 gauge wire and star shaped gems
- Sponge and splatter paint in layers on the hat. Allow to dry. Glue a bit of garland where a hat band would sit. Cut 4 lengths of ribbon approximately 5″. Glue them together at the middles.Fold at an angle to fan them out and glue the ribbon in place.
- Glue the ribbons in place.
- Here I looped an 18″ piece of beaded garland and glued it to the ribbons. I like that the beads will be a contrast to the ribbons that hang off the edge of the hat.
- Add as many layers of ribbon as you like.
- Cut a 6″ length of wire and secure the middle to the ribbons. Roll the ends of the wire into spirals so the the gems will glue easily to them.
- Glue gems on the wires and ribbons.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Decorate a Patriotic Themed Party Hat.