Felt Floral Clothes Hangers
Kiss that boring closet goodbye! Save those wire hangers from the dry cleaners and make your own Felt Floral Clothes Hangers from Heather Valentine. Floral craft ideas are the perfect way to add a touch of fun and whimsy to cluttered spaces.
- Old wire hangers
- Felt or polar fleece
- Needle & thread
- Starting with two wire hangers, tape them together in a couple of places. This is just to keep them stable while you are covering them later.
- Then cut a strip of felt 1″ wide by the length of your hanger. *Be sure to measure all along the outside of your hanger and around the curve. Mine measured 42″ but yours might be different.
- Starting at the inside edge, wrap the felt around and blanket stitch in place. Continue to pinch and stitch all the way around. Clip end into a point, fold back and stitch the end in place. Bury your knot.
- To create flowers, I cut circles from the felt. Then, I cute in a spiral pattern; leaving a round circle as the base.
- Starting at the long end of spiral, wrap the strip around a pencil and hot glued in place. Click here for step by step directions from Dozi Designs.
- Attach flower to hanger. You can attach with needle and thread or glue gun. Your choice.
Read NextFelt Gnome Ornament
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.