Father's Day Art Canvas
Celebrate dad with some awesome craft projects! Father's Day is a perfect time to make sentimental for dad to hang on a wall. Using image transfer techniques, you can create a meaningful Father's Day Art Canvas from Linda Peterson that will last forever.
- Canvas in desired size
- Tissue paper or rice paper
- Freezer paper
- Heat resistant work surface
- Photograph and photo editing software
- Collage Pauge Instant Decoupage
- Matte gel medium
- Paint brush
- Assorted acrylic paints in colors of choice (for distressing effect and stamping)
- Newspaper or other decorative paper
- Foam alphabet stamps
- To prepare the tissue or rice paper iron onto shiny side of freezer paper. To prepare for printer, cut into 8-1/2″ X 11″ sheet. Use a photo editing program to manipulate your desired photograph to size. Please note our disclaimer here: ** use your discretion when putting freezer paper into your printer. Since this is not standard paper, we do not assume any liability as it is possible for the freezer paper to get jammed in your printer, causing damage – not likely, but might happen.**Print photo onto paper.
- Leaving printed paper on freezer paper, brush two coats of matte gel medium over photograph and allow to dry between each coat.
- Gently remove printed paper from freezer paper taking care not to rip the printed paper.
- For a decorative edge, tear edges of printed paper.
- Prepare canvas background by decoupaging newspaper or other decorative papers. Let dry and distress with paint if desired. Decoupage printed paper onto canvas and let dry. Stamp any words onto canvas. Apply sealer coat of Collage Pauge over the top of the canvas and let dry.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make an All About Dad Memory Art Canvas.
Read Next101+ Father's Day Crafts for Adults