Homemade Treat Can
I recently purchased some nut medleys packaged in brown cardboard tubes from Starbuck’s. My family already ate all of the goodies inside but I loved the shape and color of the sturdy tubes. You can “recycle” almost any packaging into something new. Fill Starbuck’s Frappucino jars, Prima flower bottles, and other packaging with candies or treats from your local grocery’s bulk candy and nut selection. My husband loves mixed nuts so I plan to fill this tube with a variety of flavored mixed nuts from our local market.
- Stamp, Corduroy Brad – Stampin’ Up!
- Ink – Memento by Tsukineko, Chalk Ink by Colorbox
- Bazzill or Neenah Cardstock
- Markers- Copic
- Tube – Starbuck’s (remove labels)
- Waxy Twine
- Spellbinders Dies
- Tape Runner or liquid glue
- Stamp the sentiment onto the white cardstock and color in with Copic Markers.
- Cut a scalloped square from green cardstock using a Nestabilites die by Spell Binders.
- Cut the sentiment to fit the scalloped square diecut.
- Adhere the sentiment to the scalloped square.
- Punch a hole in the top of the sentiment and add a corduroy brad.
- Measure a length of waxy twine by wrapping it around the tube twice.
- Fold the twine in half and tie a knot to create loop big enough for the top of the brad to fit through.
- Adhere the two loose ends of the twine to the back or the sentiment.
- Wrap the twine around the tube and put the loop end over the brad.
- Adhere the sentiment to the tube.
- Fill with goodies!
Read NextRecycled Soda Can Frame