Easter Egg Bowls
These eggspreive bowls will surely charm all your guests this Easter season and bring a big of spring color into your home. This is an easy Easter craft for anyone to try and makes great Easter table decorations to display colored eggs or candy.
- Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel™:
- Paradise 45 138
- Amethyst 45 143
- Wisteria 45 120
- Crocus Yellow 45 025
- Delta Air-Dry PermEnamel Surface Conditioner 45 852
- Delta Stencil Magic® Stamp & Stencil Sponges 60 510 0008
- Egg bowls
- Water basin (for brushes)
- Paper towels
- Paper plates
- 1/2” and 1”soft bristle brushes
- #1 round artist brush
- 1/2” and 1” low-tack tape
- Compressed sponges
Striped Edge Egg Bowl:
- Wash bowl with soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Let dry.
- Using the 1” low-tack tape mask off the inside edge of the lip of the bowl.
- Using the 1” soft bristle brush, apply the PermEnamel Surface Conditioner to the edge of the bowl, following package instructions. Let dry.
- Cut one of the Stamp & Stencil Sponges apart to create desired width of stripes.
- On a paper plate pour out puddles of PermEnamel Paradise, Candlelight and Lilac.
- Using a full size Stamp & Stencil Sponge, lightly pounce on a stripe pattern with Paradise. Let dry. Using the larger piece of the cut sponge, pounce on a stripe of Candlelight next to the Paradise stripe. Let dry. Using the smallest piece of the cut sponge, pounce on a stripe of Lilac next to the Candlelight stripe. Let dry. Repeat striped pattern until you have gone all around the bowl. Let dry thoroughly.
- Using the 1/2” soft bristle brush, apply a second coat of each color. This will give you a chance to clean up any rough edges and make sure you have applied color to the lip of the bowl. Let dry.
- PermEnamel is dishwasher, microwave and oven safe, after it has air-dry cured for 10 days.
Polka Dot Bowls:
- Wash bowls with soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Let dry.
- Cut-out three 3/4” circles from the compressed sponge.
- Dip the cut-out compressed sponge circles into water. Squeeze out all excess water onto a paper towel. To create the dots, pounce a sponge into desired color and press onto the bowl. Let dry.
- If more opaque coverage is desired, repeat step 3. Let dry.
- PermEnamel is dishwasher, microwave and oven safe after it has air-dry cured for 10 days.