30 Easter Egg Craft Ideas
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Coloring and decorating Easter eggs has been a favorite tradition of many families for decades. The distinctive smell of vinegar certainly reminds me of coloring eggs with my family and even all these years later, I still enjoy dying and decorating eggs for Easter.
But you don't need real eggs and those Easter egg dying kits to create beautiful and decorative Easter eggs. You can use everything from paper to yarn to make Easter egg decorations that are colorful, inexpensive, and perfect for Spring! In fact, we've gathered 30 Easter craft ideas that you can do with your family and loved ones. We have crafts for real eggs, plastic Easter eggs, wooden Easter eggs, Styrofoam eggs, and much more. So either turn on the glue gun or get that water boiling, and let's get to decorating!
We start our Easter egg decorations list with projects for real eggs. There's just something special and fun about cooking and coloring hard boiled eggs. However those dyes and chemicals can be harsh and aren't great for little kids, so we have a fun project that's chemical-free and perfect for white or brown eggs. This Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs project uses natural oils from fruit and vegetables, so it's safe to eat and use. The dye creates a very natural and organic look to the egg shell, so they're perfect if you're going for a realistic look this year! This is great Easter egg decor for an Easter Sunday brunch.
If you'd rather decorate and craft with fake eggs, we have tons of options for you! Whether you're crafting with plastic, wood, or Styrofoam, we have an egg craft you can make in no time! These Wooden Easter Eggs, for example, are great to have in a basket or on your Easter table. Everyone is sure to admire these hand painted Easter eggs and you may have to remind everyone that they really are too good to eat!
Styrofoam is another cheap and fun way to create indoor and outdoor Easter decorations. This Lace Easter Egg is a classic and traditional craft that is perfect for a soft and subtle decoration. If you don't like the white lace, you could dye it before attaching it to the Styrofoam egg. These decorative Easter eggs can sit in a basket or you can hang them as egg ornaments from a Spring branch or gift package.
And it's simply not Easter without an egg hunt! For younger kids, though, it can be difficult to find and collect eggs, which is why these Egg Shaped Candy Pouches are perfect for families with young children. These large Easter egg decorations are made of paper and are big enough to be seen by smaller children. Fill them with candy, confetti, or whatever you'd like! You could also fill a kid's Easter basket with these paper eggs for a fun surprise within a surprise!
BONUS! Learn how to dye Easter eggs with this helpful (and quick!) video tutorial:
Table of Contents
If you want to use an egg to decorate for longer than a couple of weeks, use this tutorial to learn How to Drain the Yolk from an Egg for Hollow Easter Eggs
Real Decorative Easter Eggs
Kids of all ages love decorating Easter eggs. It's a fun and easy craft that's perfect to do as a whole family. While many use the standard Easter egg decorating kits, there are tons of other ways to craft with real eggs. Use paper, paint, markers and more to add a colorful touch to the shell of a hard boiled egg.
- Egg Stravaganza Dimensional EggsCreate a collection of beautiful Easter eggs with stickers, paint, and markers. This technique allows you to create beautiful and decorative Easter eggs that are great for bringing to a brunch or family gathering. No one will believe they're real!
- Wild Misted Easter EggsThis is a fun way to color egg shells. While this Misted Eggs tutorial instructs you to drain the egg before coloring, you can just as easily use whole eggs if you're planning on eating them. These eggs make beautiful Easter tree ornaments, as well as basket fillers and centerpieces.
- How to Naturally Dye Easter EggsInstead of purchasing chemical dyes this Easter, use natural fruit and vegetable dyes to color eggs. Natural dyes do not color as brightly but their natural beauty is stunning. Show kids how people colored food and clothing before chemical dyes.
- Decoupage Easter EggsThese beautiful egg ornaments are made with dried flowers and hung with colorful ribbons. This is a perfect craft for spring. These eggs would also make lovely Easter table decorations.
Plastic, Fabric, and Wooden Easter Eggs
Cheap Easter decorations don't have to look like you bought them from a dollar store. If you find a deal on plastic, fabric, or wooden Easter eggs, use these tutorials and ideas to make them look decorative and stylish! You could even use real eggs with some of these projects.
- Glittered Easter EggsLiven up those plastic bulk Easter eggs with this fun and glamorous craft! These glittery eggs are great to put on your table and could be fun outdoor Easter decorations, too!
- Decorative Polka Dot Easter EggLarge Easter egg decorations, like this polka dot Easter egg, are great for table centerpieces and bay windows. With a few dollars and some creativity, you can have a cute and Springy Easter decor item in no time!
- Crafty and Cushy Tattooed Easter EggsFelting is a great way to create decorative Easter eggs. These cute little eggs can be used as filler for a basket and can even be hung as Easter egg tree ornaments. These eggs would also look adorable hanging from a gift package!
- Braided Easter Eggs with Video TutorialUse fabric scraps and recycled water bottles to create these lovely braided Easter eggs. Decorations like these are a great way to lighten up your home for spring. Use colorful fabric to create the eggs and display in a wicker basket for Easter decorating.
- Pretty Trim Easter EggsUse up that extra ribbon and fabric to create these pretty trim Easter eggs. Decorative touches like this are great to have out all Spring long, and everyone will love how colorful and unique they are!
- 6 Painted Wood Easter EggsWooden Easter eggs are a great way to add decoration to your home year after year! These hand painted Easter eggs are fun and easy to make, and would also make a great gift for a friend or loved one. Package them in an egg carton for a cute presentation!
- Pink Sparkle EggThis wooden Easter egg on a pedestal is feminine and fun. Add pink rhinestones and sparkle Mod Podge to complete this unique Easter egg. This fun craft would make a great Easter egg decorating project for a teenager.
- Dazzling Painted Easter EggsFor elegant, mature Easter decor, these stunning Easter eggs presented on painted stands will certainly impress. Group different sized wooden Easter eggs together for an interesting piece.
Styrofoam Easter Egg Decorations
For light weight egg ornaments and other cheap Easter decorations, Styrofoam is the way to go. These Styrofoam Easter egg decorations are colorful and fun! They're perfect for hanging from a tree or arranging in a basket for a cute Easter brunch centerpiece.
- Antique Crackle EggsWith these cheap Easter egg supplies, you can create this unique design on your Easter eggs. These is a fun technique to learn and a great way to add some country feel to your home decor.
- Decorated Dragonfly Easter EggIt's so easy to make these beautiful dragonfly eggs. All you need is a craft punch, STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam, and acrylic finishes. In no time you will be able to create an artistic treasure for your home or Easter basket.
- Lace Easter EggUse heavy bridal lace to create a beautiful egg for Easter decorating. The look is very elegant for a formal Easter meal or a fancy room. For something with color, you can also try dyeing the lace before embellishing the egg!
- Colorful Easter Placecard HoldersAre you hosting Easter brunch this year? Try making these cute Egg Placecard Holders. You could even use plastic Easter eggs to make this project. Even if you don't want to make place holders, this is a fun egg for a kids Easter basket or to hide for your egg hunt!
- Colorful Pom Pom EggWondering what to do with those jumbo plastic Easter eggs? Do you have small children in the house? If so, try making these Pom Pom eggs! Not only are they a fun kids craft, but they're good to have on display since they won't break if they fall over.
- Floral Decoupaged Easter EggsEgg ornaments are a great way to liven up a spring branch display. These decorative Easter eggs are made with colorful spring paper and pastel ribbons, so you can hang them on a tree or from gift packages. You could even have these pretty eggs out all Spring long!
- Floral Pearlized EggsYou can create these elegant Easter egg decorations from an everyday craft staple for kids, air-dry modeling compound. With a foam egg forming the sturdy base, these pearlescent, pretty designs will have everyone wishing they had some of their own.
Paper, Ribbon, and Yarn Easter Egg Decor
Whether you're looking to make large Easter egg decorations or you want decorative Easter eggs that are light and unique, we have lots of projects to make paper, ribbon, and yarn Easter eggs. Cheap materials like these can be found at thrift stores, craft stores, or even hiding in your stash of supplies!
- Bright Paper and Ribbon EggsCombine various paper and ribbon scraps to create these decorative Easter eggs. These are perfect for a kids Easter basket or to use for your Sunday morning Easter egg hunt. These colorful and unique eggs would also look beautiful as Easter egg tree ornaments.
- Die Cut Easter EggsThis is a great project for kids! These die-cut Easter eggs are fun to decorate! Use them as gift tags or egg ornaments to hang from branches and windows. Kids will love seeing their wonderful creations on display!
- Easter Egg Window ClingsHere's a fun project for a rainy Spring afternoon. These large Easter egg decorations are made entirely of paper and look fun hanging in the window! The tissue paper captures the sunlight and makes these colorful eggs glow!
- Dazzling Easter EggsIf you're looking for spring table decorations, centerpieces, or crafts, these Dazzling Easter Eggs are for you! Simple paper mache eggs are transformed into dazzling Easter eggs with various colors of glittering paint. Make your baskets sparkle!
- Egg Shaped Candy PouchesThese Egg Shaped Candy Pouches are great for kids! Easter egg hunts can be hard for toddlers, but with these paper Easter eggs, everyone can get in on the fun! Filled with candy, these paper eggs are great for a kid's Easter basket.
- Papercrafted Blossoms Easter EggsThese alternatively decorated Easter Eggs truly showcase the beauty of spring with lovely papercrafted blossoms and bright, happy colors. Unlike regular dyed Easter eggs, you can enjoy these festive Easter decorations for many years.
- Bright Ribbon EggsThese decorative Easter eggs are a great way to use up extra paper and ribbons. Make egg ornaments or arrange them in a basket for a cute Easter home decor idea.
- Tissue and Tulle Easter EggsThese dyed eggs, wrapped in dramatic aubergine and yellow tulle, make an artful addition to the Easter basket. These indoor or outdoor Easter decorations are a great way to welcome Spring into your home.
- Pottery Barn Style Floral Easter EggsIf you're looking for craft ideas for Easter that are more fun than Easter egg coloring, try these Pottery Barn Style Floral Easter Eggs. Faux hydrangea blossoms in the style of Pottery Barn Easter eggs are perfect as unique Easter egg decorations!
- Pastel Easter Egg Cross Stitch OrnamentsThese Easter tree ornaments are unique and fun to make. Using a variety of interesting stitches and threads, these cross stitched Easter egg ornaments make great gifts for your friends and loved ones.
- Crochet Easter EggTeens will love this cute crocheted Easter egg! This easy crochet pattern makes fun Easter egg decor for a teen, or family of vampire fans! Of course, the fang additions are totally optional!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home