Dazzling Painted Easter Eggs
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
For elegant, mature Easter decor, these stunning Easter eggs presented on painted stands will certainly impress. Group different sized wood eggs together for an interesting piece.
- DecoArt Decorating Paste DS4 - Decorating Paste
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics DA124 - Purple Pearl
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics DA203 - Oyster Pearl
- Brushes by Loew-Cornell: La-Corneille Golden Taklon, Series 7300 Shader 10, Series 7000 Round 3, Series 7550 Wash 1", Series 7050 Script Liner 1
- Supplies: Palette knife J-1, paper towels, palette or plastic plate, water container, scissors, stylus, palette, paper towel, water basin, graphite & tracing paper, pencil, scotch tape
- Wooden Works Products:
- Goose Egg FF-E425
- Small Goose Egg FF-E300
- Hen Egg FF-E200
- Egg Cup EC-1010
- Candlestick CS 3090
- Pattern here
Transfer floral pattern to goose egg. Using palette knife, pick up small amount of Decorating Paste on tip and press it flat at tips of ferns, pulling in toward vein. This will allow Decorating Paste to squeeze out from under edge of knife.
- Repeat for leaves, then buds, flowers and stipple centers. Allow to dry overnight.
Basecoat entire egg in Oyster Pearl. Antique with Glorious Gold.
Dry-brush ferns with Purple Pearl, and then with mix of equal parts Oyster Pearl and Purple Pearl.
Float very lightly around flower petals with Crystal Green. Float shadows with Crystal Green plus touch of Purple Pearl. Dry-brush leaves with mix of equal parts Oyster Pearl and Crystal Green.
- Wash petals and buds very lightly with Rose Pearl. Float on petals around center lightly with Royal Ruby. Dry- brush highlights with mix equal parts Oyster Pearl and Rose Pearl. Stipple centers with Glorious Gold and Royal Ruby.
Small Goose Egg, Hen Egg and Stands:
Basecoat all pieces as follows:
- Light areas Oyster Pearl. All of remaining areas mixes of 4 parts Oyster Pearl to 1 part color, either Crystal Green, Rose Pearl or Purple Pearl.
- Dot light green areas on both of stands with Glorious Gold.
- On hen egg (small egg), stripe with Glorious Gold wide, Purple Pearl narrow, and Oyster Pearl wiggly. Stripe narrow Lavender band on candlestick with Purple Pearl and dot at top of stripe with Glorious Gold.
- On pink areas, stroke leaves with Crystal Green plus touch of Purple Pearl. Do dots with Glorious Gold and then Oyster Pearl. Do diamond pattern on the egg cup below the leaves with Glorious Gold. Do stripe through center of small goose egg with Glorious Gold, stripe with Purple Pearl and Oyster Pearl. Do wiggly edge with Oyster Pearl.
- Check cup part of candlestick lightly with Crystal Green and dot with Purple Pearl plus a touch of Oyster Pearl. Make Glorious Gold bands.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Crochet Easter Eggs Wreath
Cute Crochet Easter Basket
Cute Styrofoam Cup Bunny
DIY Easter Treat Bags
"Hop into Spring: Easter Craft and Recipe eBook"
Braided Easter Eggs with Video Tutorial
"Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes" free eBook
Bunny Peeps Bunting
Egg Fabric Bunnies
Mini Cupcake Easter Baskets
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Mini Plant Stands
- Dip Dyed Macrame Wall Hanging
- Recycled Water Bottle Flowers
- Ribbon Napkin Pillow
- Scarf Weaving Tutorial Using Cardboard
- Grapevine Wreath DIY Garden Planter
- Cute Cat Felt Coaster DIY
- Recycled Cans DIY Candle Holder
- Nautical Beaded Ribbon Starfish
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home