Upcycled Curling Ribbon Earrings
If you've been wondering how to crochet earrings, these adorable Upcycled Curling Ribbon Earrings are the perfect place to start. Curling ribbon is one of those everyday items that can be upcycled into something beautiful!
- Curling ribbon (3/4 of a small roll or 1/2 of a larger spool)
- Size H crochet hook (use larger or smaller hooks to vary gauge)
- 2 Earring hooks/findings
- Jewelry pliers
Instructions (Make 2):
- Make a slip knot with a loop just large enough for your hook to fit into. This is your starting point. Slip your hook into the loop.
- Chain 6. Slip stitch into your first chain to form a circle.
- Chain 1. Single crochet into the circle (Not into the chain stitch of the previous row but into the circle so your stitch is around the chains of the circle).
- Single crochet into the circle 9 more times. Slip stitch into the first single crochet of this row.
- Chain 3. Double crochet into the first single crochet of the previous row. **Double crochet twice into the next single crochet. Double crochet into the next single crochet.** Repeat all the way around the circle. Slip stitch into the 3rd chain of the first chain 3 of this row
- Pull ribbon through loop on hook and cut ribbon from spool. Pull the end until a tight knot is formed from going through the last loop that was on your hook. Hide your end by pulling it through random stitches. Cut close.
- Open the loop on the earring hook finding. Attach to the ribbon circle. Close loop tightly and use your pliers to ensure the metal is pinched to keep the ribbon enclosed in the loop.
Read NextFairy Kiss Earrings