Dangling Decoupage Earrings
These beautiful earrings are simple and go with every outfit. Create your own jewelry and you'll love wearing them! Using Mod Podge products, the Dangling Decoupage Earrings are a great, easy craft to make.
- Wood circles, 1" – 2
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- FolkArt Acrylic Paint – Van Dyke Brown
- Scrapbook paper, 1 sheet – dark pink with dark brown design
- Pair of earring wires - antique brass finish
- Jump rings, 4 - antique brass finish
- Head pins, 2
- Eye loops, 2
- Pink rhinestones, 2 small
- Pink faceted glass beads, 2 small
- Brown glass beads, 2
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Vintage Photo
- Cosmetic wedge
- Super glue
- Jewelry pliers
- Drill with small drill bit
- Drill two holes close to the edge on opposite sides of each wood circle.
- Paint edges of each wood circle with Van Dyke Brown. Allow to dry.
- Using scrapbook paper and circles as a template, cut out 4 circles, being careful to center the design on each.
- Adhere each circle cutout to each side of the wood circles with Mod Podge Gloss. Allow to dry.
- Use sandpaper to sand off any excess paper along edges until smooth. Sand downward in one direction to prevent the paper from lifting or tearing.
- Use the cosmetic wedge and dab onto the ink pad, then distress the edges of each wood circle until desired look is achieved. Seal the sides and back with a coat of Mod Podge Gloss. Allow to dry.
- Add rhinestones to center of each front side with a dab of super glue. Alow to dry.
- Give the front of each circle a coat of Mod Podge Dimensional Magic being careful not to fill the holes. Once dry (after at least 3 hours) give an additional coat of Dimensional Magic. Allow to dry.
- String a brown bead onto an eye loop, then make a plain loop attaching it to the earring wire. Repeat with the other earring.
- Use head pins and small glass beads to create 2 small bead charms. Make plain loops.
- Attach earring parts to wood circles using jump rings. Refer to photo.
Find other ways to make decoupaged accessories in our collection of 33 Fabulous Decoupage Ideas Plus 3 Helpful Tutorials.
Read NextCoral Tassel Earrings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 01, 2011
Very cute- and if you don't want to drill a hole, you could always afix a glue on bail such as the ones used for scrabble pendants!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use