Sparkly Barbie Boot Earrings
If you like fun girly crafts, then you'll love these Sparkly Barbie Boot Earrings from Savannah Starr. These accessories are bright, glittery and unlike anything you've ever seen. Make a statement and show that boots aren't just meant for your feet!
- Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue Pen
- Glitter – silver
- Acrylic paint – black
- Jump rings
- Fishhook earring wires
- Jewelry pliers
- Hole punch or small drill
- 3-D Crystal Lacquer
- Brush for lacquer
- Paper plate (to catch glitter)
- Grab a pair of boots from your Barbie doll! I found these on an exercise Barbie. Not sure that Barbie would exercise in these but she’ll look great on her way to the gym!
- I painted the outside and bottom with black acrylic paint.
- I’m using my Aleene’s Tacky Glue bottle to hold the boot while it’s drying. P.S. I did paint the inside of the boot but be forewarned that when you take it off the bottle, there will be black paint on your glue bottle cap!
- Once the paint is completely dry, I apply Aleene’s Tacky Glue with the glue pen. It’s an easy way to control applying the glue. If needed, you can carefully smooth the glue with your finger.
- Hold your boot over a paper plate and sprinkle sparkly silver glitter over the glue. Tap off any excess and set the boot aside to dry. Repeat for second boot. Pour the extra glitter back into the bottle.
- After everything is dry, I brushed on a light coat of 3D Lacquer over the paint and glitter. I like the glossy finish this makes. You can use a heavy duty small hole punch or a drill to make a small hole in the back of the boot. I attached a large jump ring through the boot and a smaller jump ring on that and then attached the fishhook earring wire. The two jump rings help to keep the boot turned the right way when you are wearing these sparkly earrings!
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Make Barbie Boot Sparkly Earrings.
Read NextFairy Kiss Earrings