Leave it Out or Hang it Up
Make this glitzy package wreath a home accessory and decor. In only five easy steps you can have a great conversation piece.
- STYROFOAM Brand Products:
- Wreath, 12" x 2-1/4" x 2"
- Sheet, one 12" x 18" x 1"; one 12" x 18" x 1/2"
- Metallic gift wrap, four assorted packages
- Ribbon: thirteen 40" lengths of assorted metallic ribbons, 1/2" - 1-1/2" wide; and 3/4 yd. of 2-1/4" wide gold/white wire-edged ribbon
- Serrated knife
- Old candle
- Transparent tape
- Thick, white craft glue or low temperature glue gun and glue sticks
- Wax knife blade with old candle. Cut six 4" x 6" rectangles from the 1" thick foam sheet and six 4" x 8" rectangles from the 1/2" sheet.
- Wrap packages in assorted wrapping papers. Tie 40" length of ribbon around each package, and finish with a bow (bows shown range in size from two to eight loops).
- Glue small packages evenly spaced around wreath. Evenly space long packages over small ones with inside corners touching; glue in place.
- Tie 2-1/4" ribbon in shoestring bow with 4" loops and tails; glue to wreath.
- Glue remaining ribbon to back of wreath for hanger.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
See this project and more in 16 Decorative Front Door Wreaths for Fall.