Fuse Creativity System Project Guide: Fun Party Themes, Idea for Handmade Cards, And More Paper Crafts from Fiskars
Wedding Photos Home Decor Display
By: Susie Bentz from mytime2play.blogspot.com
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
From the Designer: "I love having happy memories on the wall to enjoy every day and wedding days create the happiest of memories! In this home dec piece I used a classic gray and white color scheme and mixed in wood tones, metal, soft flowers and lots of dimension! I printed photos in black and white, sepia, and color and added them to the display frame with a mix of transparencies, scrapbook paper, rub-ons and dimensional items."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Deflecto Angled Sign Holder #20001
- Deflecto SuperGrip Display Holder #20002
- Deflecto Sign Hangers #20003
- Testors® Rustoleum® Varathane® Wood Stain – Carbon Gray
- FloraCraft® Petaloo™ Botanica – Berry Clusters
- FloraCraft® Petaloo™ Botanica – Blooms x 4 – Charcoal Gray
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L ™– DODZ™ Adhesive Dots
- Scrapbook Adhesivesby 3L™ - EZRunner® – Permanent Strips
- Michaels® Unfinished House Display Box #398727
- Prima Marketing/Leeza Gibbons Transparencies
- Momenta Birthday Metal Stickers
- Momenta Medallion Photo Corners Metal Stickers
- Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Memo Pin
- Teresa Collins Memorabilia Recorded Scrapbook Paper
- Luxe Designs – Love Words Rub Ons
- Bottle Cap Company – Letterpress Tiles
I masked off the inside walls of each opening in the unfinished wood display box with painter’s tape. Following the label directions, I applied Carbon Gray Varathane® to roof, outer walls, front edges, and back walls of the openings in the display box. I let it dry for one hour and then removed the tape to reveal the unfinished wood. Each opening was filled with photos and embellishments against the background of the stained wood. All of the items in this display box were adhered with Scrapbook Adhesives from 3L™.
I started my embellishing in the “attic” with a cluster of blooms from the Petaloo™ Botanica line from FloraCraft®. Next to that I used an Angled Sign Holder from Deflecto as a small easel for my first photo of the bride and groom.
One of my favorite techniques was to print the picture of the wedding party in black and white and adhere it to the back wall of one of the openings. I then reprinted the same picture in color and trimmed out just the bride and groom. I inserted the trimmed out figures into a SuperGrip Display Holder from Deflecto - essentially creating a paper doll of the bridal couple - and then adhered it on the shelf in front of the black and white photo. I covered up the SuperGrip Display Holder with a metal embellishment. It created a fun dimensional effect that makes the image of the bride and groom really stand out.
In another opening I used a Deflecto Sign Hanger to create an easel for a small photo. I adhered the Sign Hanger to the display box shelf and then added a DODZ™Adhesive Dot so that it covered up the hole that was originally intended to hold a piece of twine or string. I then adhered the photo and used another decorative metal embellishment to disguise the Sign Holder.
The SuperGrip Display Holder was also used to attach the small photo beside the "Mr. & Mrs." letter tiles. The permanent self adhesive makes it easy to secure to the wood shelf. I added a small bloom from Petaloo™ in the front with a DODZ™ Adhesive Dot.
Use your imagination and materials at hand to finish by filling each opening with dimension and detail. I used a small glass bottle filled with glitter and a cluster of berries as a fun embellishment. I also turned a special wine cork into a photo holder!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you think you know all the ways to make crafts with wine corks, you've obviously never seen this genius Pretty Pendant Charm… See moreGet More Projects
- Easy Rustic Mason Jar Decorations
- Chalkboard Mason Jar Vase
- Jar Decorations for Summer
- Drop Cloth DIY Rug
- 40+ Fabulous Decoupage Ideas
- "Quick and Easy Decoupage" eBook from Plaid
- How To Make A Silk Flower Wreath
- 19 Button Crafts for You and Your Home
- Simple Paper Clip Florals DIY Recycled Crafts
- DIY Colored Paper Mason Jars
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 268 Thanksgiving Crafts for Kids and Adults
- Easy Button Earrings
- Penny Copper and Gold Necklace
- DIY Movie or Picnic Blanket
- DIY Insect Repeller/Cleaner
- All Natural Weed Killer DIY
- Woodland Espresso Cup Airplant Planter
- Nautical Free Printable Art
- Turquoise Beach Watercolor Printables
- Silk Flower Centerpiece