Super Funky Lampshade
If you need a replacement lamp shade, ignore the store for your lamp parts and make your own lamp shade. This craft from Jacquard Products shows you how to make a paper or fabric lamp shade that will illuminate your crafting skills.
- Lampshade (fabric or paper)
- Jacquard Lumiere: Super Copper & Metallic Bronze
- Paper palette or paper plate
- 1” foam paintbrush
- 3/4” self-stick dots from an office supply store
- Stick the dots onto the lampshade in a random polka-dot pattern.
- Put some Lumiere Super Copper and Metallic Bronze in small pools onto a paper plate or paper palette.
- Dab the foam paintbrush into the paint and apply to the lampshade alternating colors. Cover the dots and vary the brushstrokes. Mix the colors together a bit on the lampshade for a two-tone effect.
- Let the paint dry completely. It is not necessary to heatset or fix the paint for this project.
- After the paint is dry, remove the dots.