Cherries Cross Stitch Oven Pad
If you want an easy way to use your completed cross stitch motif, turn the motif into an oven hot pad to proudly display in your kitchen. This example from DMC Threads features a cherries motif created with a free cross stitch chart.
- Cherris cross-stitch motif on Aida fabric
- DMC RS 442 oven pad
- Size: 18 x 18 cm.
- Aida fabric for stitching (5.5 stitches per cm).
How to prepare the cross-stitch motif
- Measure the maximum height and width of the part in Aida fabric to find the centre, and mark it each time with a pin (see diagram).
- Also find the centre of the diagram and mark it with a pencil. Calculate the number of stitches horizontally and vertically to be sure you can stitch the entire motif.
- Start stitching from the middle of the diagram.
- Each square represents a cross stitch and each symbol a colour.
- Work with two threads of Embroidery Floss.
Read Next37 Free Cross Stitch Patterns