Cupcakes are trendy right now, so embellish a crochet scarf with some yummy-looking cupcakes with this free crochet scarf pattern from Jennifer Cirka. Great for girls of all ages, this fun scarf is a cute way to show off your favorite sweet treat! Thick and cozy, this scarf is perfect for winter and fall and is sure to keep you nice and warm throughout those pesky cold days. You can make this crocheted scarf in any color you'd like, and embellish it with cupcakes of any "flavor". An easy project for beginners and a fun project for more advanced crocheters, this crocheted scarf works up quickly and easily.
- Any worsted weight yarn (I used mostly “I Love This Yarn”, 100% acrylic)
- Small amount of brown for cupcake “cake”
- Small amount of pink and purple for “icing”
- Small amount of red for “cherry”
- Approximately 200 yards of main scarf color (I used baby blue)
- G-6 / 4 mm crochet
Looking for more crochet scarf patterns? Check out our collection of "25 Crochet Scarf Patterns", filled with awesome tutorials for beginners and advanced crocheters alike. With scarves that are perfect for every season, these crocheted scarf patterns are a great way to use up your yarn stash and make quick gifts for everyone on your list. Check out the collection today and you'll be 'hooked' in no time!
“Cake” Pattern – Make 2
- With brown, ch 16
- Row 1: (RS) hdc in third ch from hook, hdc in next 3 chs, sc in remaining chs. Ch1, turn. (4hdc, 10sc)
- Row 2: working in BLO, sc in each st across. Ch1, turn. (14sc)
- Row 3-15: repeat row 2.
- Row 16: working in BLO, sc in first 10 sts. Hdc in last 4 sts. Finish off and weave in ends. (10sc, 4hdc)
“Icing” Pattern – make 2
- Row 1: With icing color and RS facing, attach yarn with a sc to the widest edge – right corner. Evenly space 17 more sc along edge. Ch3, turn. (18sc)
- Row 2: sc in each sc across, ch3, turn. (18sc)
- Row 3: sc in each sc across and turning ch. Ch3, turn. (20sc)
- Row 4: sk first 2sc, sc in next st and each st across until 2 sts remain. Ch2, sl st in turning ch. (16sc)
- Row 5: sk ch sp. Sc in first sc and each sc across. Ch3, turn. (16sc)
- Row 6: sk first 2 sts, sc in next sc and each st across. Ch3, turn. (14sc)
- Row 7-9: repeat row 6. (8sc)
- Row 10: sk first 2 sts, hdc in next 4 sts, ch2. sl st in turning ch. Finish off and weave in ends.
“Cherry” Pattern – make 2
- Round 1: With red, 6sc in magic ring, do not join. (6sc)
- Round 2: 2sc in each sc around. (12sc)
- Round 3: ch1, 2hdc in each sc around. Finish off and weave in ends. (24hdc)
- With MC, ch 30
- Row 1: 2dc in 3rd ch from hook. *sk 2 sts, (sc, 2dc) in next st. Repeat from * across. Sc in last ch. Ch2, turn.
- Row 2: 2dc in first sc. *sk 2 dc, (sc, 2dc) in nest sc. Repeat from * across, ending with sc in turning chain. Ch2, turn.
- Repeat row 2 until desired length is achieved.
- Final row: ch1, sc in each dc and sc across. Finish off and weave in ends.
- Attach cherry to top of icing and attach completed cupcakes to the bottom of the scarf or wherever desired.
(Note: Hat pattern not available)
Read NextBoho Crochet Shawl Pattern